The SNSF strives to facilitate and foster the international integration of the Swiss research community. It offers a range of funding schemes for this purpose.
At international level, the SNSF plays an active role in initiatives and organisations whose aim is to promote research collaborations and improve conditions for researchers.
The funding schemes are aimed at promoting cooperation between researchers in Switzerland and abroad without any geographic restrictions. International cooperation programmes support collaborative research projects with regions with specific needs.
International mobility within the scope of career funding
- SPIRIT – Swiss Programme for International Research by Scientific Investigation Teams
- Enlargement contribution (Romania and Bulgaria)
- Swiss Programme for Research on Global Issues for Development (r4d programme)
- Bilateral programmes of the Swiss Confederation
- International cooperation within the scope of Sinergia
- COST - European Cooperation in Science and Technology