BRIDGE is a joint programme of the Swiss National Science Foundation SNSF and Innosuisse - the Swiss Agency for Innovation Promotion. It offers funding at the interface of basic research and science-based innovation.
BRIDGE consists of two funding schemes:
- Proof of Concept is aimed at young researchers who want to develop an application or service based on their research results.
- Discovery is aimed at experienced researchers who want to explore and realise the innovation potential of research results.
Proof of Concept
Researchers can apply for a BRIDGE Proof of Concept project grant regardless of discipline if they meet the following criteria:
- Research experience gained as part of a bachelor’s or master’s degree, which was completed within the last four years, or
- doctoral studies underway and to be completed within the next six months or less, or
- Doctorate completed less than four years ago,
- Home institution has given an assurance that it will support the project from beginning to end,
- Submission of proposal as an individual and not as a member of a group.
Updated information about the calls and conditions of BRIDGE Discovery will be available on the BRIDGE website.
Submission of proposals
Proposals must be submitted by the relevant deadlines via the bridge.mySNF.ch platform.
Each funding scheme will have its own evaluation panel. The panels are composed of experts from science, business and industry. More information on the BRIDGE website.
Members of the evaluation bodies
The list contains the names of the members of the evaluation body Bridge. For the SNSF, interaction between applicants and members of evaluation bodies over applications is not compatible with academic best practices.